Planning to take the cruising life in a yacht or a boat?
Choosing a boat is a personal endeavour. For first-time cruisers, the biggest challenge may be the fear of the unknown. It can be a great adventure – if you have the right vessel. With Gulf Craft, there’s always a family cruiser to fit your needs.
Cruising has become a much more casual vacation in the UAE. The emirates offer sunny skies all throughout the year. On-board a yacht, cruising can offer so many opportunities to have fun. Here’s a practical cruising checklist you should always keep in mind.
Cruising Tips from Boat Builders
- Choose a destination. Go for a location which is realistically within your cruising range. Secure a cruising guide to now about fuel usage and travel speeds. You can also brush up on your navigation by taking a refresher class.
- Buy travel insurance. Make sure to secure a travel insurance at least two weeks before your trip. Choose a policy that covers your comfort and safety. Cruising carries its own unique set of concerns.
- Store food and supplies. Stock the vessel yourself before leaving your home port. Include easy-to-eat foods like cereal, bagels, sandwiches, etc.
- Bring first aid kit. Sunscreen is essential when going on a cruise. Prepare motion-sickness pills, band-aid and sterile pads, OTC meds like pain relievers, adhesive tapes, tweezers, Q-tips, and matches.
- Check navigation kit. It would be best to know some basic navigation skills suitable for your destination. Always check if the vessel has the needed tools.
- Decide on a crew. For larger boats, a crew may help to safely manage on ocean passages.
Choosing Your Vessel
Research boat types which suit your budget and cruising plans. If your plans are for coastal cruising, you’ll be able to consider a wider range of boats than those suited for long distance ocean passages.
Vessel size is very important. Most yachts used for extended stay cruising are over 45 ft. It somehow ensures that it can carry sufficient fuel for the intended cruising range. The vessel should be able to store enough water and food for the whole duration of the trip.
Nothing beats the experience of cruising on a superyacht. People who have tried cruising on a yacht once tend to do it time after time, because of the freedom and accomplishment that they get.
For a greater cruising experience, charter or buy any of the yachts from Gulf Craft, the leading boat builder. You may already own a boat or luxury yacht, but before you head too far away from shore, make sure it is capable of the journey.
Gulf Craft’s yachts and boats are built to leading international standards. Visit their website at http://www.gulfcraftinc.com.